I have gotten official word today that I will be headed to Guam to join the USS Frank Cable as a 3rd Officer. The Cable is a submarine tender designed to assist, rescue, and supply nuclear submarines. However, it also assists and replenishment other ships from time to time from what I hear. A general tender.
Here is a link to look at the juicy details of her...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Frank_Cable_(AS-40)
I will be flying from Hawaii to Guam..although not 100% sure when. All I know that it will most likely be by Friday. I am obligated to stay for at least 4 months, but with the pay and schedule, I'll probably stay longer. I will be in Guam for about a month, and then we start making our way to Portland, OR for the shipyard. We stop in Hawaii on the way. I heard we will be in Hawaii on Jan 23rd. We are probably only stopping for food, stores, and fuel. Then we will head to the shipyard for general repairs, maintenance, and upgrades.
We will probably be in the yard for quite some time, so MSC will most likely rent me a fully furnished apartment and give me a stipened for food (100 a day). Not too shabby to live for free in Portland for possible a couple months. After Portland I'm guessing we will most likely go back to Guam. I don't imagine we would go to San Diego or anything where other MSC ships are.
The ship is a USS ship, not a USNS ship. This means it is staffed mostly by Navy. It has a Navy Capt and all that fun stuff. I'm gonna have to freshen up on my military lingo and what not. I'm not sure what MSC personell are all on there, I know there is a chief mate, second mate, and two 3rd mates, but not sure much beyond that. I'm sure there are at least a few more.
So there ya have it! There are my upcoming adventures. Check out the picture section, I put up a slideshow covering the Cleveland tow. Soooo many pictures I didn't feel like captioning them all. Plus its dinner time and a nice juicy steak is calling me in.
Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment