-->

Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hawaiian Times

Well we made it to Hawaii safe and sound on Friday the 9th around noon. I posted a couple of blog entries from the trip over. It wasn't too exciting, everything pretty much went as the first week went.

I am now done with all the training and have my mate of towing endorsement. Since the ship is on a budget, and I'm extra, there really isn't any work for me to do now because the chief mate and capt. don't want me pulling overtime. Aw shucks, I guess I'll just have to get off the boat and go out and have fun in Hawaii. 

All I'm doing now is waiting. I'll either be transferred to another ship or sent back to the pool in San Diego or Norfolk to wait around there for another ship. Trying to get a hold of the detailers who are in charge of that though is near impossible, they are notoriously lousy at their jobs. I imagine I'll be sitting here for at least another week or so. I'm ready to get off and either get into a nice big hotel room or get my own state room with a bed that isn't a coffin of a bunk. This boat gets smaller and smaller every day. But until then, I'm enjoying the nice warm temps of the island and the sunny beaches, and the bikinis. 

I'll update next when I get word on where I'm going. Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment